• 418-683-4431
  • This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Club History

The Jacques-Cartier Curling Club was founded in 1925 by President A.C. "Gus" Picard. Its two mirrors were located under the bleachers of the Victoria Park arena. Subsequently, he settled in Sillery, on the eastern edge of the city. He acquired the present land on December 21, 1943 for the price of $ 4,500.00. Formerly a share capital company, it became non-profit on July 18, 1961. The former club (now the Club de Curling St-Cyrille for sale), sold all of its assets to the non-profit corporation. lucrative.

In 1960, the playing facilities were increased from 2 to 4 sheets, the chalet was renovated and took on the appearance we know today.

Since the end of the Second World War, Jacques-Cartier has been favored by the quality of its players because on several occasions its teams have taken part in national competitions.

In 1948, the first team was that of the late Gaston Amyot, and his teammates Pierre Amyot, Guillaume Piette and Ernie Blais. Seven years later, Olivier Samson, now deceased, led his band of Aimé Ouellet, Bill McDonald and Gaby Boivin to the national championship; he was to do it again at Canada's National Mixed Championship in 1965, with teammates Claire Matte, Jackie Caron and Marcel Jobin, P.Eng.

In 1951, under the banner of the Académie de Québec, since at that time the junior teams representing Quebec were not part of a curling club, Michel Morisset and his teammates, Gille St-Hilaire, Gilles Richard and Jean- Marc Plante, participated in the junior championship (Dominion Schools Curling Championship) and in 1952, Michel Morisset, Gilles St-Hilaire, Gilles Richard and Joachim Tardif repeated the feat. In 1997, Bob Albert, René Careau and two other teammates participated in the activities of the Senior Championship held in Thornhill.

Several other teams, which it would take too long to list here, have also distinguished themselves at various provincial championships, men, women, senior.

The Jacques-Cartier Curling Club has long been renowned for the warm hospitality that its members have always offered to those who come to visit them.

Although founded in 1925, the 75th anniversary celebrations took place during the 1999-2000 season, since at that time curling was only practiced from January 1 on natural ice.


Contact Info

1015, Boul. René-Lévesque Ouest
Québec, Québec G1S 1T7

EMail: direction@curlingjacquescartier.com 

Phone: (418) 683-4431

Follow Us

© 2023 Curling Jacques-Cartier. All Rights Reserved. | Curling Club Management System and Website by CurlingClubManager.com